Maine Earth Science Day returns to the Maine State Museum on October 22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The day will feature displays and demonstrations about geology and the products of the earth that all shape our lives. The U.S. Geological Survey, Blue Marble Geographics, Maine Geological Survey, Sacopee Energy and Climate Activities, Maine State Museum, National Weather Service, and Maine State Library are a few of the many exhibitors that will be on hand to demonstrate new and exciting ways that earth science can help met the challenges of tomorrow. Admission is free of charge all day. Reservations are recommended. To sign up, just go to Earth Science Day Registration Form. See you at Maine Earth Science Day!
- Celebrating the Bicentennial…New Exhibit to Debut on March 14, 2020
- Portland Stage Brings Free Preview of New Play to Maine State Library on November 14 at 6:00 p.m.
- Portrayal of Suffrage and Labor Activist Rose Schneiderman Featured in Upcoming Program
- Landmark “Maine + Jewish: Two Centuries” Exhibition Enters Final Days
- Bright Ideas and Deep Understandings on Tap for Maine Earth Science Day – October 22, 2019
- Special Fall Programs Begin Exploration of Women’s Suffrage
- Maine State Museum Joins Smithsonian Magazine’s 15th Annual Museum Day on September 21
- Exhibits about Wabanaki Culture Feature Museum Collections
- Museum Pieces Star at Quilt Show
- The Moon Rocks