Maine Earth Science Day returns to the Maine State Museum on October 22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The day will feature displays and demonstrations about geology and the products of the earth that all shape our lives. The U.S. Geological Survey, Blue Marble Geographics, Maine Geological Survey, Sacopee Energy and Climate Activities, Maine State Museum, National Weather Service, and Maine State Library are a few of the many exhibitors that will be on hand to demonstrate new and exciting ways that earth science can help met the challenges of tomorrow. Admission is free of charge all day. Reservations are recommended. To sign up, just go to Earth Science Day Registration Form. See you at Maine Earth Science Day!
- February School Vacation Special Events at the Museum
- “We Took to the Woods” Remembered at Museum and Library in Community Read
- “Her Flag” Project Comes to Museum in Free Event
- Museum and Museum Store Hours during the Holidays
- Maine Woodcarvers and Their Work Star in Free Event at Museum
- Museum Hours during the Thanksgiving Holiday
- Celebrating the Bicentennial…New Exhibit to Debut on March 14, 2020
- Portland Stage Brings Free Preview of New Play to Maine State Library on November 14 at 6:00 p.m.
- Portrayal of Suffrage and Labor Activist Rose Schneiderman Featured in Upcoming Program
- Landmark “Maine + Jewish: Two Centuries” Exhibition Enters Final Days