Meet Maine here.
Meet Maine here.
Chaperones are essential to the success of a group’s visit to the museum. Here are some handy tips to share with chaperones. This information is also included in a small brochure that can be downloaded and printed here Chaparone Guide
Being a Chaperone
- Please ensure that you and your group of students (10 students or fewer per chaperone) stay together during your time in the museum. This includes the Museum Store.
- Chaperones are responsible for keeping track of each student in their group.
- Chaperones are responsible for the proper behavior of their groups and should help the students respect museum rules and policies.
- Work with the students in your group as part of the program or lesson activities, but resist the temptation to supply students with answers.
- Learn the names and faces of the students in your group and make sure they know your name.
- Study the museum map and be aware of your group’s schedule.
- Talk to the teacher so you know which exhibit and experiences the teacher wishes the students to have during their visit.
- Make sure you know the time and place to meet for lunch and departure.
- Keep your group in one exhibit area at a time.
- If you have questions, ask a museum staff person or designated volunteer for help.
- Follow all instructions provided by museum staff and volunteers.
- Have fun!
Student Responsibilities and Expectations
- Students must stay with their chaperones at all times while in the museum and Museum Store.
- Please do not run, eat, use loud voices, push, fight, or throw things.
- Please do not touch unless signs, museum staff members or designated volunteers let you know it’s ok to touch.
- Use the stairs. The elevator is reserved for people pushing strollers or visitors with disabilities.
- Do not open alarmed emergency doors unless it is an emergency.
In the instance of disruptive behavior:
- Teacher and or chaperone will be approached to resolve the situation.
- If the behavior persists, the museum reserves the right to ask student(s) to leave the museum.