The Maine State Museum continues to be closed to the public in an effort to control the spread of the coronavirus. Museum staff are monitoring guidance from the Maine CDC and Governor Mills to determine when and under what circumstances the museum will be able to safely re-open. Public announcements will be made when re-opening plans are in place. Until then, please stay safe and keep up with the museum’s activities via this website, the museum’s YouTube channel, and the museum’s Facebook page.
- Let us Bring the Museum to you!
- Webinar: Teaching Maine Slavery with Primary Sources
- Hair Wreaths – Sentimental or Spooky?
- Explore Indigenous History
- Remembering John Jenkins
- Connect with the Maine State Museum Online
- Museum Store Remains Temporarily Closed
- Museum Temporary Closing Continues
- Virtually Yours…For Now… “Regional Struggle – National Story: Maine’s Path to Statehood”
- Virtual Backgrounds from the Maine State Museum