Kate Webber, most recently the head of education at Museum L-A in Lewiston, has joined the Maine State Museum’s staff as lead educator. In this role, Kate joins lead educator Dave Hunt, chief educator Joanna Torow, and two museum educators in developing and delivering the museum’s popular education programs. A Lewiston resident, Kate is a graduate of Bates College and holds a masters in history museum studies from Cooperstown Graduate Programs. She has also worked for the Island Institute and Maine Humanities Council and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her new role at the Maine State Museum. Welcome, Kate!
- Bright Ideas and Deep Understandings on Tap for Maine Earth Science Day – October 22, 2019
- Special Fall Programs Begin Exploration of Women’s Suffrage
- Maine State Museum Joins Smithsonian Magazine’s 15th Annual Museum Day on September 21
- Exhibits about Wabanaki Culture Feature Museum Collections
- Museum Pieces Star at Quilt Show
- The Moon Rocks
- Museum Staff Wax Eloquent in State House Hall of Flags
- Museum Closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5; Museum Re-Opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 6
- The Friends of the Maine State Museum invite you!
- New Touch Screen Allows Deep Dive into Maine Labor Mural