Meet Maine here.
Meet Maine here.
Schedule a Tour or Program
Notice – the museum is currently unable to accept reservations for tours and programs.
Please click here to see updated information based on our COVID-19 reopening requirements.
The museum is available to groups Tuesday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday 10-4. The museum is closed Sunday, Monday, and all state holidays.
Museum educator-led gallery programs and tours require advance reservations, although we will do our best to accommodate last minute requests. Click here for a full list of Museum Tours and Gallery Programs. There are no admission or program charges for public, private, parochial, or home school groups.
The museum also schedules Blaine House and State House tours. The link to Blaine House and State House Tours provides additional details.
Please note! Springtime is a very busy season for school group tours. Please schedule as far in advance as possible to ensure that your desired date is available. If you would like more individualized attention, please schedule your visit for another time.
Please be aware that new security procedures are now in place for all visitors to the State House. Click here for more information.
Group Admission Fees
Students – Pre-school through 12th Grade – No admission charge
Educational Programs for Students – Pre-school through 12th Grade – No charge
Adults in Groups – $ 1.50
Senior Citizens in Groups – $ 1.00
Programs for Adults and Non-School Groups – $ 6.00 each (per half hour)
Scheduling and Reservations How To
1. Reservations for tours and programs may be made online by completing the Reservation Form or by calling 207-287-2301.
2. Select which of the gallery programs and tours your group would find most interesting. Tours and programs are described at Museum Tours and Programs. Most tours and programs have a maximum of 15 students each.
3. Groups interested in seeing the museum on their own can arrange for a self-guided tour and should also make an advanced reservation.
4. Groups with children & students should have one adult for each ten children. Adults must stay with their groups at all times.
5. Select a total of three dates for your visit – one preferred date and two alternates.
6. Complete the on-line Reservation Form or call 207-287-2301.
7. After you select “submit,” on the on-line form, an e-mail acknowledgement will be sent so that you know that your reservation request was received. Shortly afterward, you will receive an e-mail with a draft of your schedule or, if more information is required, a phone call. When a finalized schedule has been worked out, a confirmation package will be sent with information to help you plan your visit.
8. If you must cancel your trip, please advise the museum as soon as possible.
9. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your first scheduled tour or program. Groups arriving late may lose the opportunity for a complete tour or program.
10. If your group includes students and children, review the Trip Tips carefully to ensure that everyone has a meaningful and successful experience.
If you have any questions about your visit, please call 207-287-2301 Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.